Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rotoscoping


These photos were taken from my personal files and were done using Adobe Illustrator and a bit of Photoshop. The kids on both of these pictures were rotoscoped (using a mouse! A mouse mind you!) including the umbrella but it was done through Ai's Live Trace. It took me about 4 hours on the first picture (
Prusisyon) and about 5 hours on the next (Playing With Light).

I was blown away by rotoscoping ever since I saw Philip K Dick's
A Scanner Darkly and wanted to apply it to a couple of images that I have. The result is these two pictures which I hope would soon be followed. The idea here is to have the rotoscoped images stand out without being too unrealistic and still maintain a "natural" feel despite being vector images. I hope you'd enjoy looking at it as much as I had fun doing it.


prusisyon

Prusisyon
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop


playing with light

Playing With Light
Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
blog comments powered by Disqus